Project Specialist– GPP Certification (Kampala)
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit, public health organisation with headquarters in USA, whose purpose is to strengthen health programs worldwide. MSH Uganda is currently running a number of USAID and other donor funded projects including SURE, both in Kampala and other parts of the country.
SURE (Securing Ugandans’ Right to Essential Medicines) will ensure that the population of Uganda has access to adequate quantities of good quality essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS) by strengthening the national essential medicines and health commodities supply system.
The Project Specialist – GPP Certification will handle the implementation of GPP inspections and certifications of the approximately 1750 health facilities in the SURE-supported districts. S/he will be responsible for all activities related to certification of public and private-not-for-profit (PNFP) drug outlets and will coordinate activities with the National Drug Authority (NDA) and a public relations company to implement the IEC (Information, Education and Communication) campaign. In addition the Project Specialist will:
• Support NDA in all aspects of GPP certification
• Ensure relevant information about inspected and certified health facilities is available to SURE program for further planning and reporting
• Participate in development of IEC marketing material for all stages of the GPP campaign including content approval from NDA
• Schedule and implement regional recognition ceremonies in collaboration with the PR company and SURE’s regional offices
• Support development of ideas and production of the GPP documentary in collaboration with a PR company
• Coordinate practical training of NDA inspectors by Medicine Management Supervisors
• Update and enhance the GPP tool used to inspect public health facilities
• Coordinate development of training material for training of NDA inspectors in the GPP tool, data entry, data utilization and basic computer skills, organize trainings and facilitate (where possible)
1) Bachelor’s degree in a health area, capacity building, social sciences or any other relevant field
2) 3 years relevant experience
3) Demonstrated administrative and coordination skills as well as attention to detail
4) Ability to plan, organize and create long-term schedules
5) Experience with medicines logistics or inventory management information systems is an a plus
6) Self motivated and pro-active
7) Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and shifting deadlines is a must
8) Willingness to travel within Uganda is required
9) Strong teamwork
10) Good English communication skills both in writing and oral
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess
Ann Drive Bugolobi, P O Box 71419, Kampala
Deadline for submission: March 11, 2013.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but can only acknowledge shortlisted candidates.
Note: detailed job descriptions can be accessed at www.sure.ug
Any form of canvassing by candidates will lead to immediate disqualification,”