Senior Policy Officer Agriculture and Agribusiness (SAA)Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Employment type: Full time
City / Location: Kampala
Job category: Agriculture / Forestry / Fishing
Min. years of experience: 8 years
Required languages: English
Minimum degree: Masters degree
Closing date: March 15, 2013 - 5pm
Our client, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, is looking for Senior Officers to join them in the Food Security Cluster and the
Consular Services Section.
Reports to: Coordinator - Food Security Cluster
The SAA will be responsible for the proper implementation of part of
the embassy’s project portfolio in the agricultural area, which targets
the private sector in Uganda. He/ she will pro-actively look for links
with Dutch companies and synergies with other embassy projects
and Dutch agricultural projects in the East African community. He/
she will be the embassy’s main interlocutor towards the Ugandan
government institutions in the area of agriculture.
Specifi c Responsibilities:
• Responsible for guidance and monitoring of the embassy’s
• Assessment of work plans and progress reports of these projects.
• Responsible for the regular contacts with the relevant (high
level) officers in the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industries
and Fisheries and the implementation of an MOU between the
embassy and the ministry, including the formal dialogue.
• Identify and realize links between the projects and other EKN
projects in the area of food security.
• Identify and realize links between the projects and Dutch
• Network within farmers associations, agribusiness companies and
other relevant players in the area of agriculture.
• Participate actively in Development Partners’ Agricultural Sector
• Identify and realize synergies between the agricultural projects
of the embassy in Uganda and those of Dutch embassies in the
• Advise the coordinator of the food security cluster and the
management team actively and on request on relevant strategic/
political economy issues in the area of agriculture
Knowledge and Experience:
• Masters degree in agriculture or other relevant field
• At least 8 years of experience working, preferably in the field of
agriculture or agricultural business development.
• Good knowledge of the agricultural sector and the Ugandan
government institutions in this area
• Affinity with (agri)business
• Experience with project management
• Fluency in English
• He/she is a strong team player and has excellent negotiating/
persuasion skills. Has the capacity to initiate and work
Contact/How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related
referees to the address or e-mail below. All applications shall be
marked with the position title you are applying for; e.g. “EKN SAA”
or “EKN SCAO”.
Closing date is 5pm on Friday March 15, 2013.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected
for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala - Uganda