Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit, public health organisation with headquarters in USA, whose purpose is to strengthen health programs worldwide. MSH Uganda is currently running a number of USAID and other donor funded projects including SURE, both in Kampala and other parts of the country.
SURE (Securing Ugandans’ Right to Essential Medicines) will ensure that the population of Uganda has access to adequate quantities of good quality essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS) by strengthening the national essential medicines and health commodities supply system.
Rational Use of Medicine (Kampala)
Reports to: Senior Advisor, Medicines Quality and Use
In collaboration with the SURE Senior Advisor, Medicines Quality and Use, the Technical Officer will support UMTAC secretariat to improve rational use of medicine in Uganda. In addition the Technical Officer will:
• Support implementation of RDU trainings including participation in the pilot training and development and revision of training material
• Organize and provide logistical support to health workers in carrying out rational use of medicine studies
• Assist in development of national formulary/practical guide for dispensers
• Support the launch and implementation of national formulary/practical guide for dispensers
• Support the coordination of UMTAC meetings including minute taking and writing
• Publish and keep the UMTAC website updated with the assistance from the SURE Communications Associate
1) A Pharmacist with interest in pharmacology, therapeutics and public health
2) 3 years relevant experience
3) Knowledge and understanding of the Uganda public health system. Previous experience with USAID supported programs is an added advantage
4) Capacity building experience including experience in development of training material is an added advantage
5) Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and shifting deadlines
6) Strong teamwork and team-building skills
7) Strong English skills required, including ability to write technical reports and documents
8) Demonstrated computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
9) Demonstrated administrative and coordination skills as well as attention to detail
10) Ability to plan, organize and create long-term schedules
11) Self motivated and pro-active
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess
Ann Drive Bugolobi, P O Box 71419, Kampala
Deadline for submission: March 11, 2013.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but can only acknowledge shortlisted candidates.
Note: detailed job descriptions can be accessed at www.sure.ug
Any form of canvassing by candidates will lead to immediate disqualification,”