Country , Uganda
Closing date 13th September 2013
Organisation UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program
The UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program (the Program), founded in 2001, is a not for profit organization with offices and research facilities based at the Uganda Virus Research institute in Entebbe. The Program’s main activities are conducting research, building capacity and providing advocacy for HIV/AIDS vaccine as well as molecular and epidemiological work toward HIV prevention. The Program is mainly funded by the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI), USA but also receives funding from other donors. The Program invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the position here-below:
The accountant will contribute to the financial viability of the organisation by carrying out key transactions to support the financial system at UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine program.
REPORTS TO: Director Finance and Administration
• Ensure that all transactions associated with the payroll and intra-organisation expense claims are made according to UVRI-IAVI policies and procedures and in a timely fashion.
• Budgeting and general financial management for UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program ensuring that resources are well managed and donor trust is maintained.
• Ensure that income due to UVRI-IAVI HIV vaccine program is received and accurately recorded
• Monthly Balance Sheet item reconciliation and highlight any concerns or actions due
• Collecting, collating and analysing financial information in order to generate required reports highlighting any needs for action and making any necessary fund transfers as requested.
• Checking, reviewing and verifying transactions for completeness and accuracy that are entered by the Assistant Accountant and formally posting them into the financial information system
• Ensuring that all required internal controls are in place and followed. Taking firm corrective action in the case of any suspicious or non-compliant activities
• Supporting the Director Finance and Administration in the preparation for organisational and donor audits as and when required
• Perform donor contract and grant accounting, invoicing and reporting timely and accurately
• Ensure compliance of donor terms and conditions in reporting and accountability for funds.
• Monitors contracts, grants, agreements and ensure timely submission of reports and fund requisitions to donors
• Support Partner Organisations to submit their scheduled financial reports on time and to standard reporting any non compliance to the donor requirements.
• Provide financial and budget support to Contracts and Grants.
• Provide grant proposal support. Supervisory Support
• Provide supervision to the Assistant Accountant
QUALIFICATiONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• University Degree in Finance and Accounting (minimum)
• Masters degree in Finance/Business Administration is an added advantage.
• Professional skills training: Completed of CPA(U) or CPA(K) with full registration or in ACCA training at Stage II
JOB RELATED EXPERiENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• At least 5 years working experience in Accounting with preferably 3 years in a Health Research Organisation.
• Excellent knowledge and skills in financial management and reporting
• Proven experience in multiple donor grants management
• Adept skills in using Microsoft Dynamics (Navision)
• Strong conceptual and analytical thinking.
• Supervisory skills
How to Apply
Written cover letter along with academic certificates, Curriculum Vitae, day-time telephone contact numbers and names of three professional referees should be sent to the address below or by e-mail to email@example.com Operations Manager UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program Ltd P.O Box 49, Entebbe