Job title: Operations Manager
City / Location: Kampala
Min. years of experience: 3 years
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: August 29, 2013 - 5pm
An international micro-finance company urgently seeks qualified candidates OF Ugandan nationals to fill the above position.
Managing the profitability and operational efficiency of a Branch operation by achieving and exceeding production targets on a regular basis.
To manage the client and production portfolio of a Branch to ensure quality business with collections rates achieving or exceeding targets set.
Ensuring the establishment of a ‘client service’ culture in the Branch.
Ensuring that all standard operating procedures are adhered to in the Branch.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides direction and focus on overall branch production and motivating the branch sales team towards achieving production targets;
• Convert monthly budget targets into sales targets per loan officer and communicate targets to each loan officer;
• management of the sales and marketing process through effective marketing of products, generation of potential clients lists and ensuring the closing of sales by branch staff.
• Responsible for managing the branch client database;
• Creating marketing and production plans (geographic areas to be focused on) in conjunction with loan officers in the branch;
• Responsible for daily production planning and review meetings and implementing decisions taken.
2. Portfolio management
• Responsible for branch portfolio performance management in conjunction with loan officers (portfolio size, number of customers, portfolio at risk and arrears total);
• Identification of repeat clients from current clients who meet the repeat business criteria / through analysis of repayment trends;
• Responsible for market and portfolio segmentation;
• Responsible for portfolio allocation and new client referrals to new loan officers.
3. Management of loan approvals
• Responsible to oversee the entire loan approval process at the branch;
• Responsible for loan verifications and ensuring the quality standards of verifications are adhered to;
• Responsible for quality checks on loan approvals;
• Responsible for approval audits through periodic physical client visitations;
• Responsible for the effective operation of relevant branch approval function / committee.
• Responsible for ensuring the attainment of targeted early collections rates;
• Monitoring collections rates and the performance of the collections officer at the branch;
• Overseeing the early collections process through senior loan officers and / or loan officers;
• Manage the branch portfolio at risk (par) to ensure it remains below the minimum standard, in consultation with the senior loan officers and / or loan officers in the branch;
• Responsible to oversee the timely handover of defaulters to the collections officer.
5. Human resource management & training
• Ensure adherence to all hr policies at the branch;
• responsible for sound working relationships among staff, managing potential conflict at the branch, building a high performing team and the retention of competent staff;
• Assist in the final selection of competent employees after considering psychometric evaluations;
• Responsible for training and on-job coaching of branch staff and ensuring availability of sufficient training material and training manuals in the branch;
• Ensures that loan officers have the required level of sales techniques, product knowledge and customer service competencies;
• Responsible for conducting induction training of new loan officers and other staff at the branch;
• Responsible for implementation of individual development plans (dip) for non-performing staff in the branch;
• Management of discipline, performance management and managing poor performance levels of staff at the branch;
• Management of time and attendance and leave management of staff at the branch.
• Responsible for development of budgets at branch level;
• Responsible for profitability of the branch through the effective management of the cost and production budgets and targets;
• Responsible for the branch income statement and to timely correct deviations and implementing cost controls.
8. Market review and product development
• Identify client needs and review existing products;
• Analyze market trends and competitor product offerings and making suggestions as to product improvements / new products.
9. Customer service and relationship management
• Responsible for excellent customer service delivery in the branch;
• Monitor customer service levels with clients and ensure loan officers follow through on deliveries;
• Ensure follow up on complaints and ensuring resolution and acting as the contact person for all unresolved client issues;
• Responsible for conducting client induction and ensuring all loan agreements get signed at the branch.
10. Governance and compliance
• Ensures compliance of company rules, business processes and regulatory requirements;
• Ensures compliance to the branch procedure manual.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• Three or more years Managerial Experience
• Previous experience in a financial institution is preferred
• Sound financial understanding
• Planning and organizing / Workflow management skills
• Analytical / Structured thought processes
• Problem solving
• Customer service focused
• Self starter/ Goal focused / Target driven
• Ability to work in a competitive and challenging environment
• High level of resilience
• Strong interpersonal skills / Ability to energize and motivate team
• Strong management capabilities
• High level of computer literacy
• Valid driver’s license
Contact/How to apply:
If you meet the above minimum requirements, email your cv to;(Your must indicate your current salary on the CV)
Frank Management Consult Limited,
Nyaku House,1st Floor
Frank Management Consult Ltd
Nyaku House,1st Floor,
Argwings Kodhek Road,Hurlingham, Uganda