Employer: World Vision Uganda
Duty Station: Gulu
Application Deadline: 30th Aug 2013
• Coordinate advocacy and campaign interventions in Karamoja and Northern regions, ensuring linkages and coherence between engagements at the Area Development Programme (ADP), Cluster, Regional and National levels, in the context of integrated ministry (IM)
• Facilitate staff and partner capacity building in VCA, CVA, peace and conflict sensitive programming approaches through training and coaching to enhance their advocacy knowledge and skills.
• Lead in the development and implementation of peace building and advocacy product models for staff and partners during assessments, designs, planning, implementation and evaluation of advocacy interventions.
• Conduct regular field support visits for technical guidance on implementation of peace building initiatives and advocacy engagements at the local and national levels. Basing on agreed indicators, take lead in assessing progress against plans and compile regular reports including documentation of the most significant change stories and innovative practices from implementing advocacy and peace building initiatives.
• Participate in resource mobilisation for increased advocacy engagement and response.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must possess a university degree in development discipline, postgraduate training in related discipline will be an added advantage
• Should have a minimum of 5 years field experience in advocacy campaign coordination, behaviour change communication in the field of Health and HIV/AIDs programming
• Must have strong advocacy and communication skills, facilitation and material development for health promotion
• Should have strong collaboration and networking skills
• Good writing and documentation skills
• Commitment to World Vision mission and partnership values and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
• Mature Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their application and complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line. (Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply)
We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.